Sunday, March 29, 2020

Birthday Love ðŸ’• 

My birthday wish each year is to spend time with my family. But March of 2020 has been one for the history books due to a global pandemic caused by the Coronavirus (Covid-19). With more cases than any other country, our world has been changed. We’ve learned about social distancing, self-isolations, the perks of grocery pickups and deliveries, real hand washing and sanitizing to the tunes of the Happy Birthday or Baby Shark songs and just how fragile human life can be. Yes, unprecedented and crazy times. Which is why I wanted to document how in the middle of chaos, I received some pretty special birthday love this year

If you know me at all, you know I’m all about family. And you also know that being a Nana is the cherry on top. Fortunately, being retired and our grandkids being homeschooled, we’ve been able to safely share spaces. But allow me to share a backstory to what truly makes this birthday one to remember. 

Amanda, Aubrey and I were shopping this past Christmas. And while browsing a home goods aisle Amanda overheard Aubrey, who’s 4, sounding out the words ‘Best Nana Ever.’ She discovered her reading this wooden sign. 


She was so proud of herself!

So obviously (I mean Hello!) we bought it. But on the way to the car Aubrey claimed it for herself because it said Nana. Y’all. This sweet child has slept with it and kept it displayed in her room since then. 


So when I opened my birthday gift to find it wrapped among the tissue paper?? My heart!!!💖 Her little face was literally beaming! The fact that she gave me something she cherished so much. 🥰


This selfless gift speaks volumes of her love for me, as well as her heart for others. I am so blessed. 

We have agreed to share it from now on so that she’ll be able to place it in her room whenever she needs to. But until then, I will lovingly display it as just one more reminder that I am truly a blessed Nana ! ðŸ’•


‘Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.’ 

~ Nana





No comments:

Post a Comment